Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Why I should be considered for the Niroga Yoga Scholarship

My "formal" yoga experience has been limited throughout the years. Most of my yoga practice has been primarily at home and I've probably only taken a total of 10 yoga classes in the last 2 years. But even with my limited yoga experience, I have felt the transformative power of yoga within. The lessons I have learned about being present, about the breath and breathing, about letting go, and about the capabilities of my body to perform when mind and spirit are focused & aligned have been wonderful sources of healing and power. I use these gifts everyday and through them, have given and received an abundance of blessings from the universe. The ability to be able to integrate a practice that receives & gives is my main inspiration - yoga has this potential.

Intuitively, life has shown my passion in healing and building communities through love and the arts. My previous work as a counselor, and currently, as the volunteer community development head for a non-profit in Oakland, as well managing operations for an independent record label, all have the qualities of reciprocity. Each of these endeavors have allowed my soul to be fed, and in return, I am able to give even more. This exchange is the inspiration for my zest for life! In deepening my understanding about the discipline, theory, and practice of yoga, my goals are three fold:
1) to be able to integrate another healthy practice of self-love & care into my life; 2) to be able to spread love and healing by teaching the practice to others so that they may be able to find their own personal bliss; and
3) to be a part of a movement of positivity that has exponential potential to build happier & healing communities.

No comments:

Post a Comment