Sunday, April 4, 2010

10 things about me

1. i love and am blessed to have a place to call my very own =)

2. being alone isn't so bad; it just takes a little patience and acclimating.

3. i would compromise my self-worth and values to be a part of Common's stable (or at least its fun thinking i would!)

4. i don't care what people think of me when in the middle of running on the treadmill, i burst out the chorus of a song i'm listening to on my ipod.

5. i cried for 30 minutes straight while watching the notebook and fought so hard not to do so.

6.my very first true out-of-body meditation experience happened at pluto's on irving street. it's llike being high on X without the X.

7. i have two uncanny abilities: 1) to take life's curve balls and make it an awe-inspiring experience; 2) to be honest with myself despite what emotion/s it may make me feel or experience it may take me.

8. to live life without fear is my ultimate challenge; to lose control of myself is my biggest fear.

9. i still sometimes need to remember to be kind to myself.

10. when i was a kid, i thought that to move to the united states meant to be white. when that didn't happen, i "made" myself white by dusting my whole body with baby powder proudly screaming "look mom, i'm white!!!" I must say that as a proud woman of color, conditioning is a biotch!!

No comments:

Post a Comment