Sunday, April 4, 2010

the daily grind

The light peeking through the blinds

tells me that night has passed over

And with the sun, a new day has arrived

I lay still

Allowing the comfort

Of my bed to swallow me whole

I am immersed into a sacred space

Which fills my body and spirit with

Life-force sustaining energy

I don't want to leave this place

I feel alive again



The events from the day before

Took so much from my soul

The repression of self

With every forced nod and smile

For the sake of external approval

has been like a knife that cuts

Deeply into the essence of my being

I feel like I am losing myself



In desperate need of

Solitude to gather my senses

And a place of safety to transition

From a state of self-imposed

Numbness to having feeling again

I go to where worries fade...

Away in space and time



Its been said to me that

Time is of the essence

But if that were truth

Then why is it that

My essence feels

As if time has only

Constrained my being

From truly being

The concept of time has

Long dictated the path ahead

In the process of not wasting it

Only the straight and narrow

Have been taken



Always controlled, ever constant

Each step ahead was lit

With just enough light

To see what is right in front of me

Then finally the lights go out

Darkness sets in

And I am desperately searching

For guidance to keep me

Moving forward

Afraid to take another step

I stop all movement

And close my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment