Sunday, December 11, 2011

something bout the way...

the soft guitar strings
signaled it was time to have our last dance.
your hands reaching out in the dark
invite me to come closer,
and despite being afraid to engage, i oblige
and make my way.
we move to each strum.
our bodies synchronously sway.

in your eyes, i'm locked in
to a forever that cannot be
yet once felt like
forever.
the reflections of the past is vast and deep.
roots grew and flowers bloomed
birds flew, and you and i,
were eternally attuned.
my soul took shape with each step forward.
a transformation setting ablaze
a light so pure, so warm, so bright
i am better, stronger, wiser,
seasoned.
because of you
my unconditional lover
i feel my heart being pulled slowly
out of my chest
strings detaching
our lovely time is passing

No comments:

Post a Comment